Balinese Nyepi ( that meant Silent) in Bali there are unique because the celebrate their new with meditation and concept to 1 day just review what their did, what the fault the did, and that why when silent day ( Nyepi ) Balinese People forbidden to Work, to Cook, no turn the light or Fire, and they just stay at their home to introspection their self.
The Silent Day in Bali that not just 1 day celebrate the new year, there also the following day such as
1. Melasti Ritual
- is 3 - 4 days before Nyepi. is dedicated to Sang Hyang Widhi Wasa, The ritual is performend in Pura ( Balinese Temple ), near the sea or Sea shrine and meant to purify Arca, Pratima and Pralingga (Sacred Object) it belonging to several temple, also to acquire sacred water from the sea.
- is performed to vanquish the evil or negative element and create the balance with god, mankind and nature. the ritual also meant to appease Bhatara Kala by Pecaruan offering. Devout Balinese village Hindu usually Make Ogoh - Ogoh Balinese creatures made by steroform, bamboo, and wood stick to symbolizing negative spirit or malevolent spirit. After Ogoh - Ogoh have been prepared around the village, the Ngerupuk ritual take place, which involves to burning the Ogoh Ogoh.
3. The Nyepi Ritual
- Nyepi Ritual Perform as follows :
- Amati Geni ( Not turn on the light or Fire )
- Amati Karya ( Not doing any Physical work but meditation to pointing mind to the god)
- Amati Lelunganan ( Not Going any where just stay for relaxing to meditation)
- Amati Lelanguanan ( Fasting and not revelry/ self entertainment)
Fourth The the Yoga/Bratha Ritual start at 06:00AM and finish 06:00AM next day
Fifth The Ngembak Geni Ritual, After Yoga / Bratha Ritual Balinese Hindu Going to The Water Source like Water Spring, or Sea to purify their self to forgive each other and together celebrate New Year.
Sixth The Dharma Shanti Ritual is performed after all the ritual is finish. ( to visit each other in family circle , and for community is perform Balinese speech about Dharma, or Art performance like dance or Balinesse theater Drama Gong)